Now is nursing’s moment, and U.S. News & World Report seems to know it.
Nurses make up three of the top 10 best health care jobs for 2022, with nurse practitioners taking the top spot.
#1: Nurse practitioners
Nurse practitioners are a type of advanced practice registered nurse. At the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing there are many opportunities to become a nurse practitioner of a certain specialty, or for nurse practitioners to advance their nursing career.
Meet Johns Hopkins nurse practitioners
- Nurse Practitioners of the Not-So-Ivory Tower
- Advice from Black Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners
- A First Generation Latina’s Road to Becoming a DNP Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Become a nurse practitioner in the DNP Advanced Practice Track
- Earn a post-master’s certificate in a NP specialty
- Nurse practitioners with a master’s can earn a DNP or PhD in Nursing
#5: Registered nurses
“Nurses have a very holistic view of health and well-being, and I really appreciated that perspective,” says Erin Whitehouse, an RN and a Ph.D. student at Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, wrote to U.S. News & World Report in an email. “[They] look at an entire person and their situation, not just what medical concern they have.” Become a nurse in the MSN (Entry Into Nursing) program.
Explore nursing at Johns Hopkins:
- Soon-to-Be Nurses, Welcome to Johns Hopkins
- From First-Generation Immigrant to Foster Youth to MSN (Entry Into Nursing) GRADUATE
- Accepted Students, We Are So Excited for Your Nursing Journey!
- 4 Tips for Connecting with Admissions at Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
#8: Nurse anesthetists
Nurse anesthetists are advanced practice registered nurses who administer anesthesia and anesthesia related services. Nurses can become nurse anesthetists in the DNP Advanced Practice Track, Nurse Anesthesia program at Johns Hopkins. Current nurse anesthetists can earn their DNP or PhD; the career path will require a doctorate as of 2025.
Meet Johns Hopkins nurse anesthetists
- Meet the First Cohort of the DNP Advanced Practice Nurse Anesthesiology Track
- Nurse anesthetists: Leading the way in DNP education
ABOUT THE AUTHOR: SYDNEE LOGAN
Sydnee Logan, MA is the Sr. Social Media and Digital Content Specialist for Johns Hopkins School of Nursing. She shares Hopkins Nurses with the world.