Nurses, this was not the Year of the Nurse and Midwife we expected. And yet you stepped up as strong leaders with unwavering commitment to evidence-based practice. We eagerly await the day we can be together again… until then, we will commemorate the nursing legacy that has strengthened us in the past, and celebrate our future work and the impact we will continue to have on health care, the profession, and the well-being of communities across the world.
Alumni Weekend Events
JHSON Trivia Night | Thursday, October 8th 6:00 – 7:30 pm ET
Join the Hopkins Nursing community for a night of friendly competition.
Hopkins Nurses in Pandemics | Friday, October 9th 12:00 -1:30 pm ET
Explore how Hopkins Nurses have responded to pandemics in the past and present during this panel discussion. Panelists include John Barry, author of The Great Influenza, Dr. Jason Farley, infectious disease expert, nursing leadership and front line nurses.
JHNAA Business Meeting & Dean’s Address | Friday, October 9th 5:00 – 6:30 pm ET
Join the Johns Hopkins Nurses’ Alumni Association Annual Business Meeting where we provide an update of the year and vote in new board members. Then hear an update from Dean Davidson followed by recognition of all of our Alumni Award recipients.
Johns Hopkins Alumni Association Awards
- Reginald E. Bannerman – Distinguished Alumnus Award
- Lou Bartolo – Outstanding Recent Graduate Award
- Karen Combs – Heritage Award
- Lucia Diaz – Community Champion Award
- Pandora Hardtman – Global Achievement Award
- Captain Pauline Karikari-Martin – Woodrow Wilson Award for Distinguished Government Service
- Phyllis W. Sharps – Community Champion Award
SON Dean’s Awards
- Basia M. Atkinson-Barr – Outstanding Nurse Clinician
- Kristen Brown – Outstanding Nurse Educator
- Diana Baptiste – Outstanding Nurse Leader
- Kamila A. Alexander – Outstanding Nurse Researcher
- Amazing Alumna & Extraordinary Advocate—Rep. Lauren Underwood, Congrats on Your FAAN Induction!
- What Nurses Need to Know: Recognize When You’re Out of Your Resilient Zone and Take Action
- It’s a Remarkable Time to Embark on Your Journey Into Nursing
- Deb Baker: Reflections of a CNO during COVID-19