As your JHNAA president, I am proud and honored to be joined by such a talented and dedicated group of Johns Hopkins Nursing alumni. It was such a pleasure to renew connections with remarkable alumni, staff, and students attending Alumni Weekend and celebrating the 50th Reunion of the Johns Hopkins and the Church Home Classes of 1967 in early October.
We were delighted to have Dean Davidson speak with us about the Master’s Entry Program and last spring’s graduation of its inaugural class. She also had good news to share about the future of nursing at Johns Hopkins University and progress toward the construction of a new wing of the school. Dean Davidson thanked our alumni for the generous support provided through the years and for being a part of Johns Hopkins Nursing.
During the alumni weekend brunch we gathered to honor our alumni. The awardees are an impressive group and reflect the commitment and excellence of Hopkins Nursing. This year’s Johns Hopkins University Alumni Awards are presented to:
- Outstanding Recent Graduate—Laura Garcia
- Distinguished Alumna—Nancy Glass
- Global Achievement—Meghan Lopez
- Heritage—Deb Baker
This year, through an initiative by our dean, we have established four new awards;
- Outstanding Nurse Researcher—Cheryl Dennison Himmelfarb
- Outstanding Nurse Educator—Louise Fitzpatrick. This year, we lost Louise, dean of Villanova for four decades, who so many of us knew, loved, and revered. This award honors her memory and service to nursing.
- Outstanding Nurse Clinician—Tammy Slater
- Outstanding Nurse Leader—Karen Davis
The JHNAA wants to bring Hopkins Nursing to you, from traditional events such as Alumni Weekend to virtual learning and regional gatherings. Let us know your interests. For more information on volunteering and giving, contact Alumni Relations Officer Katie Damaroda: email@example.com.