She directs the Office of Teaching Excellence at the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing. She won a Nursing Spectrum Nursing Excellence Award last summer. And, according to Dean Martha N. Hill, PhD, RN, FAAN, she “has touched the lives of hundreds of students” over the course of her career.Anne Belcher, PhD, RN, AOCN, CNE, ANEF, FAAN was accorded another honor in the fall/winner of the National League for Nursing (NLN) Excellence in Teaching Award. According to NLN CEO Beverly Malone, the Awards Committee unanimously selected Belcher as winner, although the organization received an unprecedented number of nominations this year. Belcher is a 40-year veteran of nursing education with expertise in oncology and the psychological effects of cancer, patient education, spirituality, humor, and professional development.
Stay up to date
Get updates on the latest stories, from hot topics, to faculty research, alumni profiles, and more—right in your inbox.
To receive issues of the Johns Hopkins Nursing semi-annual printed magazine, sign up here.
- Men In Nursing Diversity Dimensions Reflection
- A history we must reckon with: The rise of #Thankstaking
- Vlog: The Life of a MSN (Entry Into Nursing) Student: Shawn Sharifi
- Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA): How ICWA Protects My Family
- Episode 20: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice
- The United States of Nursing: A Limited Edition Series of On the Pulse, Episode 2