She directs the Office of Teaching Excellence at the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing. She won a Nursing Spectrum Nursing Excellence Award last summer. And, according to Dean Martha N. Hill, PhD, RN, FAAN, she “has touched the lives of hundreds of students” over the course of her career.Anne Belcher, PhD, RN, AOCN, CNE, ANEF, FAAN was accorded another honor in the fall/winner of the National League for Nursing (NLN) Excellence in Teaching Award. According to NLN CEO Beverly Malone, the Awards Committee unanimously selected Belcher as winner, although the organization received an unprecedented number of nominations this year. Belcher is a 40-year veteran of nursing education with expertise in oncology and the psychological effects of cancer, patient education, spirituality, humor, and professional development.
Stay up to date
Get updates on the latest stories, from hot topics, to faculty research, alumni profiles, and more—right in your inbox.
To receive issues of the Johns Hopkins Nursing semi-annual printed magazine, sign up here.
- The Johns Hopkins Online Prerequisites for Health Profession Student Experience
- My First Teachers in Nursing School Weren’t Nurses
- Stronger Together: Resilience and Civic Action
- The Resilient Nurse, Episode 10: Burnout Among Nurses… and Health System Leaders
- Episode 33: School Nurses
- January 2024 New Associate Professors