May and August nurse grads, are you ready?
This Wednesday, January 22, 40 employers will be on site to recruit nurse externs, registered nurses, nurse practitioners, and nurse leaders. Here’s a preview of the organizations you’ll meet: Boston Children’s, Children’s National, Johns Hopkins, Northwestern, Providence Health & Services, Rush, Seattle Children’s, and Yale.
Here are 9 tips to prepare, from Career Lab Director Laura Arthur:
- Register for the event and view the list of attending employers in Handshake (jhu.joinhandshake.com)
- Prioritize a few employers with whom to speak and prepare specific questions for each employer that aren’t easily found on their website
- Be curious – check out some employers unfamiliar to you
- Bring a notepad, pen, and copies of your resume on thicker bond paper
- Wear business attire (or scrubs) and comfortable shoes
- Be prepared to introduce yourself and your background, and why you are interested in that organization and particular units
- Give a firm handshake, smile, and show enthusiasm
- Request business cards or the contact information of employers so you can send follow-up/thank you emails
- For more resources on networking, job searching, resumes, cover letters, and interviewing, log in to Handshake
For quick consultants, stop by the Career Lab (Student House 318) on Jan. 21 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Public Health Nurses: Where Public Health and Nursing Meet
- Palliative Care: Cultural Considerations at End-of-Life
- Want to be a Critical Care RN?
- 8 New nurse tips from 2018 grads to 2019 grads