Graduating students under Anna D. Wolf (right) were encouraged to apply for a job at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, a process that included a one-on-one interview in the director’s office. Here, in a 1951 image, she puts graduate-to-be Betty Stehly through the paces. Read more about Wolf in “This Way Forward.” PHOTO FROM THE ALAN MASON CHESNEY MEDICAL ARCHIVES
Stay up to date
Get updates on the latest stories, from hot topics, to faculty research, alumni profiles, and more—right in your inbox.
To receive issues of the Johns Hopkins Nursing semi-annual printed magazine, sign up here.
- A history we must reckon with: The rise of #Thankstaking
- Vlog: The Life of a MSN (Entry Into Nursing) Student: Shawn Sharifi
- Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA): How ICWA Protects My Family
- Episode 20: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice
- The United States of Nursing: A Limited Edition Series of On the Pulse, Episode 2
- 50 States, 50 Stories, 50 Reasons Why