Jerilyn Allen, ScD, RN, FAAN, is the 2012 recipient of one of the highest honors of the NIH’s Friends of the National Institute of Nursing Research (FNINR), the Ada Sue Hinshaw Award, which honors the sustained work of a nurse researcher whose science has been widely disseminated across disciplines. Allen, a professor and associate dean for research, was recognized for her career-spanning, cross-disciplinary research, scholarship, and mentorship in cardiovascular health, disease management and prevention, and the promotion of evidence-based practice. She accepted the award at the FNINR NightInGala on September 12, 2012 in Washington, DC.
Jerilyn Allen Receives NIH Honors
Stay up to date
Get updates on the latest stories, from hot topics, to faculty research, alumni profiles, and more—right in your inbox.
To receive issues of the Johns Hopkins Nursing semi-annual printed magazine, sign up here.
- Preparing for the 2024 Applications
- Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Hailey Miller
- Episode 24: Contextualizing the New AAP Guidelines for Childhood Obesity
- A Neutral Perspective: Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Role
- Birthing Racial Health Equality
- Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Yvonne Commodore-Mensah & Dr. Kamila Alexander