Johns Hopkins School of Nursing is partnering with Vision Health International, a nonprofit organization, for a week-long service trip to Piura, Peru in July 2013. Vision Health International has provided both medical and surgical eye care services, free of charge, throughout Latin America for more than 25 years. These trips are staffed by a team of 20–30 physicians, nurses, surgical technicians, translators and other volunteers who donate their time, talent, resources, and energy to provide eye exams, distribute eyeglasses, and perform eye surgery. Participants pay for their own airfare and a $450.00 participation fee. This fee covers the majority of expenses at the host site. The host country will provide transportation and meals at the project site. Instruments, surgical equipment, and eyeglasses are made available through donors. If you are interested in participating in this trip, please contact Lindsay Dorrance at 410.955.4285, email@example.com or Annina Griggs at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also looking into arranging a side trip to Machu Picchu, if there is enough interest.
JHUSON Alumni Travel Opportunity
Stay up to date
Get updates on the latest stories, from hot topics, to faculty research, alumni profiles, and more—right in your inbox.
To receive issues of the Johns Hopkins Nursing semi-annual printed magazine, sign up here.
- Episode 24: Contextualizing the New AAP Guidelines for Childhood Obesity
- A Neutral Prospective: Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Role
- Birthing Racial Health Equality
- Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Yvonne Commodore-Mensah & Dr. Kamila Alexander
- What Nurses Need to Know: ‘Parenting in America Today’
- From Brazil to Baltimore and Back Again. Dr. Ricardo Arcêncio Forms a Lasting Partnership