When Becky Carter graduated as a new RN this year, her mom, Nancy Nafzinger, wanted her daughter to have something very special. Since Becky was following in the footsteps of her grandmother, Jean LaRue Wolfe Nafzinger, CHH ‘54, Nancy contacted members from the class of 1954 and asked them to send along stories from their nursing days with Jean. They created a book of memories for Becky, and a copy of this wonderful collection was donated to the Archives by Marie Zombro Duston, ‘54.
Stay up to date
Get updates on the latest stories, from hot topics, to faculty research, alumni profiles, and more—right in your inbox.
To receive issues of the Johns Hopkins Nursing semi-annual printed magazine, sign up here.
- Men In Nursing Diversity Dimensions Reflection
- A history we must reckon with: The rise of #Thankstaking
- Vlog: The Life of a MSN (Entry Into Nursing) Student: Shawn Sharifi
- Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA): How ICWA Protects My Family
- Episode 20: Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Justice
- The United States of Nursing: A Limited Edition Series of On the Pulse, Episode 2