Doris Avery ’44 accepted the Noncommissioned Officers’ Association World War II Veterans Medallion for her service as a lieutenant in the Army Nurse Corps. General Gary North, Pacific Air Forces commander, presented her with a medal in a ceremony held on February 5 at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam in Hawaii. The medallion recognizes World War II veterans who displayed valor, sacrifice, and fidelity during service.
WWII Nurse Receives Medallion
Stay up to date
Get updates on the latest stories, from hot topics, to faculty research, alumni profiles, and more—right in your inbox.
To receive issues of the Johns Hopkins Nursing semi-annual printed magazine, sign up here.
- Preparing for the 2024 Applications
- Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Hailey Miller
- Episode 24: Contextualizing the New AAP Guidelines for Childhood Obesity
- A Neutral Perspective: Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Role
- Birthing Racial Health Equality
- Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Yvonne Commodore-Mensah & Dr. Kamila Alexander