Doris Avery ’44 accepted the Noncommissioned Officers’ Association World War II Veterans Medallion for her service as a lieutenant in the Army Nurse Corps. General Gary North, Pacific Air Forces commander, presented her with a medal in a ceremony held on February 5 at Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam in Hawaii. The medallion recognizes World War II veterans who displayed valor, sacrifice, and fidelity during service.
Stay up to date
Get updates on the latest stories, from hot topics, to faculty research, alumni profiles, and more—right in your inbox.
To receive issues of the Johns Hopkins Nursing semi-annual printed magazine, sign up here.
- How To Get the Most Out of Accepted Students Day
- Louise Three Stars Smith Turns 100, and Offers a Legacy of Healing for Native Nurses
- From the Dean: Here & Now
- The Learning Collaborative: ‘I Think I Can, I Think I Can …’
- Military to MSN and Back: A Select Few
- Remembering Carol Gray, First Dean of JHSON