Professor Fannie Gaston-Johansson believes coming to Hopkins was one of her top “career blessings,” she said during a speech which marked the end of her term as Chair of the Department of Acute and Chronic Care. “Hopkins is the place that helps you to help yourself—so that you can help others,” she said. Associate Professor Marie Nolan, PhD, RN, has been selected as the Department’s next Chair.
Department Chair Recalls “Career Blessings”
Stay up to date
Get updates on the latest stories, from hot topics, to faculty research, alumni profiles, and more—right in your inbox.
To receive issues of the Johns Hopkins Nursing semi-annual printed magazine, sign up here.
- Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Hailey Miller
- Episode 24: Contextualizing the New AAP Guidelines for Childhood Obesity
- A Neutral Perspective: Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Role
- Birthing Racial Health Equality
- Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Yvonne Commodore-Mensah & Dr. Kamila Alexander
- What Nurses Need to Know: ‘Parenting in America Today’