On June 6 1996, a lineup of hard hats and shovels awaited the groundbreaking ceremonies for the new School of Nursing academic building located at the corner of Wolfe and McElderry streets. The new structure, named in honor of Anne M. Pinkard, opened January 1998 as the first Johns Hopkins building dedicated solely to nursing education.
Stay up to date
Get updates on the latest stories, from hot topics, to faculty research, alumni profiles, and more—right in your inbox.
To receive issues of the Johns Hopkins Nursing semi-annual printed magazine, sign up here.
- Preparing for the 2024 Applications
- Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Hailey Miller
- Episode 24: Contextualizing the New AAP Guidelines for Childhood Obesity
- A Neutral Perspective: Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Role
- Birthing Racial Health Equality
- Faculty Spotlight: Dr. Yvonne Commodore-Mensah & Dr. Kamila Alexander