- A Matter of Degree By the year 2015, a doctorate of nursing practice will become the required degree for nurses in advanced practice fields, according to a new ruling by the AACN. What will the new DNP look like? Nursing leaders at Johns Hopkins—and from around the nation—are working together now to address that crucial question. By Tom Waldron For nurse researchers with academic ...
- The Language of Healing By Joe Duffy One after another the questions come from Baltimore City Health Department caseworker Virginia Walker. How do you feel? How much weight have you gained? Has the baby been kicking? When is your next prenatal- care appointment? Have you heard from your husband? How is your brother-in-law coping? Would you like to attend a parenting class? A young woman named Janet leans forward in ...
- Foundations Pledge $5 Million Each to Building Fund By Lynn Schultz-Writsel Two well-known philanthropic organizations—the E. Rhodes and Leona B. Carpenter Foundation and the France-Merrick Foundation—have made pledges that reaffirm their continuing commitment to the Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing. According to Dean Martha N. Hill, the two gifts of $5 million each now bring the total funds raised for an addition to the School of Nursing building ...
On the Pulse
- Extending Healing Beyond the Walls of Johns Hopkins Hospital
- In Memoriam
- Faculty News
- Letters to the Editor
- Howard Hughes Fellows Make Their Mark
- Prestigious Fellowship Will Advance Care in Korean-American Community
- Record-breaking Grant Targets Cardiovascular Disease
- Campbell Named IOM Scholar-in-Residence
- ACTing to Improve Safety
- Partnership Creates Jobs, Fills Need at Johns Hopkins Hospital