Class Notes for Alumni of the Church Home and Hospital School of Nursing
As with everything else in this changing economy, the space allotted within this wonderful magazine for “Church Notes” has been downsized. That’s okay, because we can still be kept up to date with the information I receive—just in a briefer format.
Save the dates of September 25-26, 2009 for another fabulous Homecoming. Susan Riddleberger ’73 and I serve on the committee, and we are working hard to make this another memorable weekend. Let’s break our 2008 record of 68 CHH alumni in attendance!
50th Reunion: Class of 1959
The Class of 1959 will celebrate its 50th reunion at Homecoming in September. If you plan to attend (and you know you must!), contact your former Class President, Joann Hollinger Hersh ’59 at 717-762-5234, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 13200 Old Mill Road, Waynesboro, PA 17268.
40th Reunion: Class of 1969
The class of 1969 is planning a dinner at Liberatore’s restaurant in Timonium on September 19. Contact Barbara Zelenka Spink ’69 for more details email@example.com.
And the Girl in the CHH Cap is…
Within a day of the spring 2009 issue being delivered, I was contacted by three alums who reported that this mystery nurse in the CHH cap is none other than Katherine “Kitty” Blackwell Pyne ’60.
Church Home & Hospital Unit to be Dedicated at Good Samaritan
A new unit, dedicated to Church Home & Hospital, will open in the O’Neil Building at Good Samaritan Hospital this fall under the management of Director Catherine Micklewright Rossetti ’71. Former Church Home nurses are invited to attend the dedication. For details, contact Gennie Darby at 443-444-4887 firstname.lastname@example.org.
• In Memoriam: Catherine Clopper Quandt ’42; Gloria Ferro ’56
• Thank You to Pat Roberts ’65 for the donation of her class picture to the Archives.
• The CHH Cap can be obtained from Kay’s Caps by requesting School #33. Orders can be placed by phone (516-791-8500) or by mail (Kay’s Caps, PO Box 818, Valley Stream, NY 11582).
• CHH Pins and Rings are available from Vince Fino, 9650 Belair Road, Perry Hall, MD 21236, 410-256-9555.
• Transcripts can be obtained from Aniese Gentry at Quinlan Storage (formerly Chart One Storage) in Jessup at 888-416-5353 (ext. 7550 or 3907).
• Send any address changes or notice of deceased members t Deb Kennedy, 1990 Gulfstream Court, Forest Hill, MD 21050; 410-893-2421,email@example.com.